Delivered to the USAAF as 41-27369 in 1942. To N66668 in 1957 then to XA-MOL in 1958. To the USAF Museum at Castle AFB in 1981 and preserved unmarked. Left the museum in 1990 and went to Chino, CA. Last noted there around 1995, fate unknown.
Displayed as Doolittle raider 40-2344 lost over China when the crew bailed out after it ran out of fuel. Actual aircraft is 44-86891, sold in the civil market in 1959 as N3337G. Since the photo was taken, the museum has repainted the aircraft as Lazy Daisy Mae and with its true serial.
The C-46 is associated with the CBI theatre of WWII, but in Europe the USAAF's 313th Troop Carrier Group received it in early 1945, and this particular aircraft took part and was damaged in an Operation Varsity paradrop at Wesel on 24 March 1945. It reached the Pacific too as it served in the JASDF after the war.
This C-46 was taken on charge by the USAAF in 1944 and served with the 48th TCS, 313rd TCG based at RAF Folkingham. Post-WWII she went to the JASDF as 51-1124 and then onto the civilian register as N54510. As part of the NMUSAF Loan Program, 'Honey Gal' has been at the Castle Air Museum since 1983.
This is the only surviving reconnaissance version of the B-36 and was assigned to the 28th SRW at Rapid City AFB, SD (Ellsworth AFB after June 1953) from 1952 to 1957. In 1957, it was reassigned to Chanute Air Force Base, IL, and was used as a ground instructional airframe. After retirement, it was placed on display at the Chanute Aerospace Museum but now resides at the superb Castle Air Museum.
The English Electric Canberra beat the futuristic Martin XB-51 in a 1951 USAF contest, and was then built by the same US company as the B-57. EB-57Es were electronic warfare aggressor aircraft converted from B-57E target tugs.
Rather poorly disguised as a US Coast Guard HC-131A, this is in fact a civilian CV-240. She first served with Swissair as HB-IRT, and then briefly with Transocean Air Lines as N1018C. Having become N280P she was for some reason seized by the sheriff of Salt Lake County in 1975. She was moved to Castle in 1999.