This Devon (originally delivered in Dec 1948) last flew in the early 1980s (as G-KOOL) and arrived in Redhill in 1985, on delivery to the East Surrey College as a gate guard. In 2000 it was donated to Daniel & Kevin Hunt's East Surrey Aviation Group (ESAG). Following brief spells at the Territorial Army Centre in Redhill and at Goodwood Aerodrome, it returned to Redhill in Nov 2002 for a full restoration. Painted in full RAF markings in 2004. ESAG became the Wings Museum at Redhill in 2007, which in 2009 moved to Balcombe, but this Devon remained behind at Redhill, as seen here. Acquired by the Yorkshire Air Museum in Nov 2010.
Built for the RAF by DH Hatfield in 1948, serving many units including 207 Squadron, the markings of which it now wears. SOC in 1982 and last flew (as G-KOOL) shortly thereafter. Officially de-registered in 2012, but by then it hadn't flown in nearly 30 years.
Previously registered G-KOOL the registration was cancelled with the aircraft permanently withdrawn from use in January 2012. It is in taxyable condition at the Yorkshire Air Museum and looks superb. It was built in 1948
Delivered to the RAF in 1948 and saw service with 207 Sqdn at Northolt and 21 Sqdn at Andover; posted to RNAS Culdrose 1978-81. To East Surrey College, Redhill then Goodwood during 2001. To Redhill Aerodrome and restored by East Sussex Avn Group - during total strip, many of its former schemes and badges were revealed, which spanned back some 55 years. Registration G-KOOL was officially cancelled Jan 2012, but it had last flown as such in the early 1980s. Moved to the Yorkshire Air Museum later in 2012.