Former Mandala Electra (ex PK-RLD) being worked on in the Air Spray hangar at Red Deer. It is still in Mandala colours, and the name "Kencono Wungu" is still vaguely visible on the nose. All work was later abandoned and the Electra ended up in storage at Red Deer as a spares aircraft.
Stored in the back of the Buffalo hangar. This aircraft was under rebuild and had been fitted with the fins from N3126B which still showed RCAF serial 1503, as well as the horizontal stabilizer from N6124, which still showed a data plate with c/n CA-226 stamped on it.
This TBM-3E Avenger is owned by Charly Trachsel and Laurent Calane, and is based at Lausanne in Switzerland. The aircraft is powered by its original and very impressive 1925hp Wright Double Cyclone R-2600-20 engine, and wears the markings of Marine Torpedo Squadron 132, based in 1945 on the escort carrier USS Cape Gloucester (CVE-109). The two 220 ltr droppable under-wing tanks give the aircraft extra range for remote airshow locations.
This Jacobs R755A2-powered Kaydet was built for the US Navy in 1942 as an N2S-5 serialled Bu43138. The immaculate aircraft is now owned by Wolfgang Bax, and as of early 2013 it is based at Rinteln, Germany.
This Kaydet is a fairly early original Stearman example, built in 1941 as USAAF PT-17 41-898. The aircraft still has its previous registration N56457 on the rudder, which was cancelled in Jan 2012 on export to Germany. This beautiful aircraft is now owned by Eberhard Kölzer and is based at Blumberg, Germany.
Built in 1960, owned by Bernd Axenbeck and although registered in France it is based at Walldürn in Germany. It flew with the French Air Force until 1986, serialled 261, and still carries those markings.
After a brief USAAF career as 44-73254 this Mustang was transferred to the RCAF in Jun 1947, serving with them as 9571 until 1957. It then became N6328T and has carried that registration ever since. It arrived in Germany in a crate only six months earlier (in March 2013), was re-assembled and had its first flight on 1 May 2013. It is based at Albstadt-Degerfeld, owned by Wilhelm Heinz. Has small "Heinz Aero" titles on the canopy.
This Tiger Moth was licence-built at Rongotai, New Zealand and delivered to the RNZAF as NZ1455 in Nov 1942. Became ZK-ATM in Jun 1949 and used as a cropduster for several years. Crashed on take-off from Ardmore while towing a banner on 29 Sep 1967. It was repaired and restored as ZK-ATM in Aug 1971. Sold to the UK in May 1980 and registered as G-BJLI in Sep 1981, but it was cancelled on sale to Switzerland only two months later. It was finally registered as HB-UPM on 5 Apr 1982 and is now flown out of Sitterdorf in Germany by owner and pilot Jürgen Schott.
This former BFS calibrator Dove is only two months away from its 50th birthday, which is fairly young for the type. It is owned by Michael Euchner, who now flies it out of Baden Airpark near Söllingen in Germany.