Believed to have been operated by BAF, as Inter City had recently ceased operations. This aircraft made its first flight on 26th August 1953, exactly 30 years prior to the date that this photo was taken.
Delivered to Air France as F-BGNT in 1954. Went to Air Inter in 1962 then to Alidair as G-BDIK in 1975 and remained in Air Inter colours. Withdrawn from use in 1976. Used by the fire service from 1981 and finally scrapped in 1983.
Delivered to Air France as F-BGNS in 1954, To Starways as G-ARIR in 1961 then to Air Inter as F-BLHI in 1963. To Alidair as G-ARIR in 1975. Leased to various operators. Renamed Inter City Airlines in 1981. To Janus Airlines in 1983 then to MMM Aero Service in 1984 and stored at Ostend. Scrapped in 1989.
The wings (just visible on the ground behind the nose) and engine cowlings will be assembled later this year so, hopefully, it won't be long before the Midland Air Museum has another airliner in its collection.
Originally Air France's F-BGNS way back in 6.54 and joined the British register in 2.61 with Starways but returned to France with Air Inter as F-BLHI in 11.63. Bought by Alidair 4.75, leased by Dan-Air and to the newly-formed Janus 11.83. Ended up as 9Q-CAH at Ostend in 11.84 although she never got beyond there