A crowd greets the arrival of the first ever Swissair scheduled flight from Zurich at Ringway. This was the longest route to Manchester until late 1953. HB-IRN had served several RAF Squadrons as KN683 until bought by Swissair in March 1947. Now preserved at Luzern.
At the Visitors Hill at MUC, a modern CRJ is framed with two great classic airliners, and opposing WWII workhorses, the Ju 52 and DC-3. Originally 41-2005, a rare C-53B, this aircraft served with several airlines in Scandinavia after the war, but not with Swissair. The real HB-IRN still exists in Lucerne.