This L-410 was originally destined for the Polar Directorate of Aeroflot as CCCP-67679 but it was not delivered. Instead the frame spent he follow years on the Estonian and Bugarian registers including some time with the United Nations. It joined LR Airlines arond March 2017 and is pictured here on one of its multiple parachute sorties at Příbram.
The first product of the Avia company was the BH-1 (exp), a two-seat, low-wing braced sport monoplane built in Czechoslovakia in 1920. After its first flight, it was exhibited in Prague to an enthusiastic reception so that the Czechoslovakian president awarded Avia a 100,000 CSK development grant. The BH-1 was rebuilt as the (bis) with a more powerful rotary engine and was finally able to fly with two people aboard. The aircraft was damaged in a crash the following spring and was never repaired, having been surpassed by improved designs. In 2004, this flying replica of the (exp) was built.
This P-2 was formerly G-PTWO and is pictured here basking in the aternoon sun at Točná. To reduce costs during development the Swiss recycled parts from surplus, older aircraft already in their inventory. for example, landing gear parts from their Messerschmitt Bf 109s and the similarity can clearly be seen.
In total, 367 were produced between 1957-1964. This example was first eneterd into the Czechoslovak register in March 1962 so it is wonderful that it is still flying and is pictured here taxying out to rw27 for departure after a great day at the Točná fly-in.
This lovely plane really was '0612' with the Czechoslovak Air Force and was used for pilot training at the High Military Aviation School in Košice and then, after retirement in 1970, the aircraft was used by the aeroclub in Prievidza. In 2011 it underwent a major restoration to airworthy status and is now based at Točná.
The Stinson was produced in two distinct types, with the earlier straight-wing or the later the gull-wing Reliants that ncluded the militarized V-77/AT-19 versions. The Royal Navy and Royal Air Force used the AT-19 for light transport and communication duties. This nice warbird is pictured taxying out to rw27 for departure after a nice day at the Točná fly-in.
This Electra was originally delivered to the Bata Shoe Company in 1937. It flew with the RCAF during the ways years and then joined the US civil register. Following an impressive restoration (the results speak for themselves) 'OK-CTB' once again crossed the Atlantic and is now based at Točná.
This Colt was originally with the Benin Air Force as TY-ADP. it was returned to the USSR in 1982 but went on to become '20 yellow' with the Soviet AF, then UR-BFB and was active as RA-3256K for Skydive Fano. It is now preserved (stored?) at this small airfield south of Prague.
It's very heartening to see that this super old Hind has recently acquired a fresh coat of paint. It is very easy to criticise museums when some of their exhibits are looking somewhat shabby but as money and manpower are usually in extremely short supply they do the best that they can.