This TBM-3E Avenger is owned by Charly Trachsel and Laurent Calane, and is based at Lausanne in Switzerland. The aircraft is powered by its original and very impressive 1925hp Wright Double Cyclone R-2600-20 engine, and wears the markings of Marine Torpedo Squadron 132, based in 1945 on the escort carrier USS Cape Gloucester (CVE-109). The two 220 ltr droppable under-wing tanks give the aircraft extra range for remote airshow locations.
This Jacobs R755A2-powered Kaydet was built for the US Navy in 1942 as an N2S-5 serialled Bu43138. The immaculate aircraft is now owned by Wolfgang Bax, and as of early 2013 it is based at Rinteln, Germany.
This Kaydet is a fairly early original Stearman example, built in 1941 as USAAF PT-17 41-898. The aircraft still has its previous registration N56457 on the rudder, which was cancelled in Jan 2012 on export to Germany. This beautiful aircraft is now owned by Eberhard Kölzer and is based at Blumberg, Germany.
Built in 1960, owned by Bernd Axenbeck and although registered in France it is based at Walldürn in Germany. It flew with the French Air Force until 1986, serialled 261, and still carries those markings.
After a brief USAAF career as 44-73254 this Mustang was transferred to the RCAF in Jun 1947, serving with them as 9571 until 1957. It then became N6328T and has carried that registration ever since. It arrived in Germany in a crate only six months earlier (in March 2013), was re-assembled and had its first flight on 1 May 2013. It is based at Albstadt-Degerfeld, owned by Wilhelm Heinz. Has small "Heinz Aero" titles on the canopy.
This Tiger Moth was licence-built at Rongotai, New Zealand and delivered to the RNZAF as NZ1455 in Nov 1942. Became ZK-ATM in Jun 1949 and used as a cropduster for several years. Crashed on take-off from Ardmore while towing a banner on 29 Sep 1967. It was repaired and restored as ZK-ATM in Aug 1971. Sold to the UK in May 1980 and registered as G-BJLI in Sep 1981, but it was cancelled on sale to Switzerland only two months later. It was finally registered as HB-UPM on 5 Apr 1982 and is now flown out of Sitterdorf in Germany by owner and pilot Jürgen Schott.
This former BFS calibrator Dove is only two months away from its 50th birthday, which is fairly young for the type. It is owned by Michael Euchner, who now flies it out of Baden Airpark near Söllingen in Germany.
This 1945-built Dominie was a static display aircraft at Frankfurt's Rhein-Main Airport, until restored to flying condition by Josef Koch in 1993-1995. It now operates for his Fliegendes Museum out of Grossenhain, Germany. It was repainted in new colours in 2012 and is now appropriately named "Lady Dominie".
"Big Lolo" (not Big Lola, as often claimed) was delivered to the USAF as Trojan 51-3573, then served in France as Fennec No. 82 from 1961 until 1968, when it became N14119. It flew in the US until returning to France in April 2000, and is now owned by Georges Kern, who flies it out of Haguenau.
Built by SNCAN in France in 1948 for the French AF an No.662, this later flew as F-BDNG. It was salvaged from Germany in 1982 by the current owner, Fluggruppe Albatros. It is now based at Birrfeld in Switzerland.
Right from the day it was first delivered in 1936, this Waco of the Deutsches Museum almost exclusively operated on floats in Alaska until moving to the continental USA in 1969. Twenty years later it underwent a lengthy restoration, after which the aircraft was delivered to Germany in April 1997. It is now based at Schleissheim and flown by Marwig Herzog. It carries "Deutsches Museum - Flugwerft Schleissheim" titles.
Very boring "colours" on this 1941-built Klemm, owned by Hakan Wijkander since 2009. It was delivered to the Swedish AF in 1941 as Sk15A serialled Fv5054, coded F5-184, and I think it would be nice to see it painted as such. This aircraft was first registered as SE-BGA on 7 Jul 1948 and it has seen many owners in the years that followed. It is now based at Hatunaholm airfield near Bålsta in Sweden.