This plane was constructed as a WV-2 and TOC with the USN in August 1956 before being redesignated as a EC-121K in November 1962. In May 1979 it was ferried to MASDC and stored with inventory number 5C0107. Luckily it was placed into the NMUSAF Loan Program and flown to Chanute AFB fr display. After the sad closeure of the museum the fame was transported by trucks to the Yankee Air Museum at Detroit Willow Run (YIP) in July 2017.
This early Herc was built at Marietta, GA in April 1957 and went on to be stationed for the early of its service life in Japan. It returned to the US in 1971 and was involved in a wheels-up landing at Duluth, MN, in April 1973 but was repaired and returned to service. Around 1976 it was transferred to 180th Tactical Airlift Squadron at Saint Joseph, MO, hence the markings. In May 1984 it was transferred to Chanute Technical Training Center at Chanute AFB, Rantoul until SOC in June 1990. After closure of this museum it went to the Museum of Missouri Military History, Jefferson City, MO.
This was the seventh F-15A to come off the production line and spent its service life as a testbed at Edwards AFB and then Chanute AFB. It had been on display at the Chanute museum since 1993 and is pictured here being dismantled after the museum's closure, on its way to the Saint Louis Science Center.
This Albatross was originally built as a SA-16A and was the first frame to be modified (in (January 1956) to SA-16B standard. In September 1962, it was redesignated as HU-16B and had been SOC by 1979. It was then designated as part of the NUSAF Loan Program and transferred to Chanute. With the sad demise of the museum the frame was in line to be scrapped.
With the sad closing of this great museum, many exhibits were either moved or scrapped. 'Whiskey Pete' was one of the lucky ones and is pictured here being boxed and and prepared for the journey to the Southern Museum of Flight in Birmingham, Alabama. This plane was originally built as a B-25J, TOC in February 1945, converted to a TB-25N in December 1954 (at Birmingham, presumably why the SMoF wanted it) and SOC in August 1958. It had been on display at Chanute since 1965.
On the north side of LAX it's usually 24L for departures and 24R for arrivals. Occasionally, during a particularly heavy rate of arrivals, some aircraft will be vectored for a 24L arrival (in between two for 24R). This was the case with this EVA Air, requiring a 100 metre mad dash to get some sort of angle!