Three former Israel Defence Force / Air Force C-47Bs, now stored with all markings painted out. All three were flown from Israel to Canada between Jul 2000 and Aug 2001 and ended up here, in storage. The one in the front is ex 007 / 4X-FNA, which was withdrawn from use in Mar 1995 and sold as N215CM in Aug 1999. In 2008 it was restored to flying condition and delivered to the USA, to become a warbird. The other two are N269LM (middle, ex 008 / 4X-FNI, dismantled here in 2008) and N47SJ (rear, ex 016 / 4X-FNN, sold as warbird in 2007).
Seen here stored in the museum's storage yard near the southeast end of the runway, about 1300 metres east of the museum main building. Ex RCAF 5237, but now in bare metal, no markings. Traces of "237" still visible on the nose. Had been here since at least 1990, and was still here by 2015, but gone by 2017.
Overview of the museum's storage yard near the southeast end of the runway, about 1300 metres east of the museum main building. From right to left are DC-3 CF-JWP c/n 9089, B-25 RCAF 5237 c/n 108-47480, Learstar (L-18 Lodestar) CF-CEC c/n 18-2132 and finally hiding at the far left is Beech 18 CF-OME c/n AF-662. None of these aircraft remained in this yard by 2017, but except for the DC-3 their fates are unclear.
Seen here stored in the museum's storage yard near the southeast end of the runway, about 1300 metres east of the museum main building. Later sold to Buffalo Airways and transported to nearby Red Deer in Jun 2009. Airframe sold to Basler and registered as N856YB in Sep 2018.
Two wrecks dumped near the Air Spray hangar. The aircraft on the right is C-GHCC (Tanker 31), which was destroyed in a hangar fire at Red Deer on 16 Oct 2000. Only this rear fuselage survived. The one on the left is CF-EZX "The Lost Invader", which crashlanded in a field near Grande Prairie, AB on 29 June 2000.
Purchased for spares by Air Spray in Nov 1980 and flown from San Antonio, TX to Red Deer in early 1981, using registration C-GQPZ. Soon after arrival the left wing was used to repair Air Spray's C-FTFB (c/n 28723), which had suffered an in-flight wing fire in the engine area in August 1977. The remainder of this aircraft was then stored for further spares use, and this fuselage was still at Red Deer by 2015.
End of operational life for this former airtanker Electra, due to corrosion found in the wings. Its underbelly tank has already been removed. It served as an airtanker with Air Spray only briefly, for about two years.
This is ex USAAF 44-35708, which also served with the French AF for a few years in the 1950s as 435708. It became N5530V in 1963 and was converted to On Mark Marketeer and later used by Raytheon's Missile Division. Air Spray acquired it in 1976 and they largely undid the Marketeer conversion when they configured it as an airtanker. When this photo was shot it had just been sold to the Classic Aircraft Aviation Museum, and it was delivered to their Hillsboro, OR base in Oct 2006. It became N26PJ in Mar 2007.