This 1941-built aircraft is owned by Stefan Sandberg and based at Hatunaholm airfield near Bålsta in Sweden. It was delivered to the Swedish AF as an Sk15A (a Klemm Kl 35D), serialled Fv5060 and coded F5-190, then F5-174 (as seen here) and finally as F17-93. It was first registered as SE-BPU on 26 Jun 1952 and has carried that registration ever since.
Great early-morning light illuminates Falken's striking tail artwork on this Ju 52, with some rain showers in the distance. Less than two years later this attractive tail design had unfortunately been replaced with the well-known Swiss Cross.
"Iolar" enjoying some nice early morning sunshine. This rare 1936-built Dragon, operated by the Aer Lingus Charitable Foundation, is painted like Aer Lingus' very first aircraft, EI-ABI "Iolar", which flew their first service in July 1936. Unfortunately it was shot down by the Luftwaffe in June 1941. Aer Lingus obtained this aircraft 45 years ago for their Historic Flight, and has nurtured it ever since.
The Date of Manufacture of this wonderfully polished Cessna 140 is 22 August 1947. It is owned by Jurij Posselt and based at Hodenhagen, Germany since its restoration was successfully completed in October 2010.
This aircraft was delivered to the Swiss AF as a C.3603 on 27 Aug 1943 and converted for target-towing duties in 1953 (nick-named "Schlepp"). In 1972 it was converted to a turbine-powered C.3605, and as such it remained in service until 1987. It is now owned by Stefan Longoni and based at the airport where it was built, Altenrhein in Switzerland.
This Yak-11 was built in 1948 by LET in Czechoslovakia and delivered to the Egyptian Air Force. In 1982 it was salvaged from the Egyptian desert and transported to La Ferté-Alais in France for restoration, together with several others of the type. This aircraft was acquired by Pierre Dague. He restored it and first flew it on 16 May 1987, named "Pierre's Troïka" and painted in the markings of the famous Normandie-Niemen squadron which flew for the Soviets on the eastern front in WW2. The aircraft was sold to current owner George Perez in 1999 and is now based at Melun-Reau.
Painted in Royal Australian Navy markings, this aircraft is owned by Patrice Marchasson and based at Dijon-Darois in France. It was built in 1944 for the RAF as TF987, and had a long warbird career in the US as N56SF. It was shipped to its new owner in France in July 2010.
A nice angle on this original 1918 Blériot XI, owned and flown by Mikael Carlson, while making a left turn for landing with Burg Teck gracing the background. This aircraft was licence-built in Sweden in 1918 by AB Enoch Thulin Aeroplanfabrik (AETA), under the name Thulin A. In 1986 Mikael found it in a barn in disassembled but complete condition, restored it, and first flew it in 1991. Mikael keeps his planes at his private airstrip at Kvarnhem, Sebbarp in Löberöd, Sweden.
Immaculate Polish 1978-built sprayer aircraft, registered to Interflug on 17 Sep 1979 as PZL-106A DDR-TAB and still flying in their colours. Later fitted with another engine and larger prop, making it a PZL-106AR. It became D-FOAB after Germany's re-unification and is now owned by Dieter Gehling. It normally flies out Stadtlohn. This aircraft used to be a rare two-seater dual-control trainer with an extra bubble canopy in front of the regular cockpit, but following an accident in 2011 it was recently rebuilt as a regular Kruk.
An early Harvard, built in Canada for the USAAF as 42-787, then RAF FE590, Swiss AF U-322 and briefly G-AXCR. Came to West-Germany in 1969. It is owned by Walter Eichhorn since 1991, and based at Elz, Germany. It's a pity that it carries so much advertising, but it's still a nice aircraft.
This aircraft was built in 1929 (84 years old in this photo!), and is maintained by owner Alois Bader in period Pacific Air Transport Air Mail colours, with C.A.M. number 8. He flies it out of Mengen-Hohentengen. On the nose it says "City of San Francisco - Crissy Field", which possibly was this aircraft's base in the 1930s.
Built in 1938 for the French Air Force as MS.315 No. 279 and converted to MS.317 in 1963 by fitting it with a Continental W-670K engine. Now owned by Walter Klocker, who flies it in its original French markings out of Mengen, Germany. Only a few airworthy examples of this type remain in the world.
A magnificent TBM-3E Avenger, owned by Charly Trachsel and Laurent Calane, and based at Lausanne in Switzerland. The aircraft is powered by its original and very impressive 1925hp Wright Double Cyclone R-2600-20 engine, and wears the markings of Marine Torpedo Squadron 132, based in 1945 on the escort carrier USS Cape Gloucester (CVE-109). The two 220 ltr droppable under-wing tanks give the aircraft extra range for remote airshow locations.
Licence-built in 1941 by F+W Emmen for the Swiss Air Force as J-143. Ended up in a playground in the late 1950s but salvaged intact circa 1965. Stored in a shed for many years until restored to flying condition in the 1990s and registered as HB-RCF in Jan 1996. Now owned by Eric Chardonnens and based at Aerodrôme des Placettes in Bex, Switszerland. Flown in French AF markings until repainted in these original Swiss markings as J-143 in 2013. Does not appear to carry its Swiss registration anymore.