During the summer of 2012 one of the engines of PH-DDZ failed and the aircraft was grounded. The financial burden was too great for the Dutch Dakota Association to restore airworthiness and, after almost four years of inactivity, the PH-DDZ was sold to the Aviodrome museum at Lelystad. This venerable old DC-3 is now stored in the restoration hangar.
In April 1918, a Hansa-Brandenburg W.12 made an emergency landing in the neutral territory of the Netherlands, where it was interned and flight tested by the Dutch. In 1919 the Netherlands bought a licence to build the aircraft and 35 W.12s were subsequently manufactured by the Van Berkel company of Rotterdam as the W-A, serving with the Dutch Naval Air Service until 1933. This replica is under construction in the Aviodrome restoration hangar.
This C-47 was built at Long Beach and TOC by the USAAF as 42-23974 and then passed, firstly, to the RAF as FD938 and then to the SAAF as 6867. It also carried the registrations ZS-NJE and G-BVOL in civilian life but is now in retirement at the Aviodrome at Lelystad.
This S-2 originally designated the BuNo.147641 but was delivered to the Royal Netherlands Navy in 1960 as 151. It was on outside display at the Aviodrome at Lelystad Airport in this fake KLM Technical training Department colour scheme but the weather seems to have taken its toll and it is now in the restoration hangar, along with DC-2 PH-AJU, awaiting refurbishment.
The F.II first flew in October 1919 and was the first of a long series of commercial aircraft from the Fokker Aircraft Company and was the first Dutch type operated by the fledgling KLM. This exact replica is on display inside the Aviodrome museum at Lelystad.
This frame was originally built as a F-27 (note the round window outlines still visible) but subsequently converted to serve as the second Fokker 50 prototype and is now on display outside the Aviodrome at Lelystad.