The prototype Cessna NGP (Next Generation Piston) aircraft, which first flew on 23rd June 2006. Constructed incorporating composite materials and intended to replace the Model 182 and others. After further development work the project was reportedly 'frozen but not abandoned'.
Composite airframe assembled from Canadian-built 2403 with parts from three others. After assembly, flew in the UK registered G-BCWL and marked 'V9281'. To Kermit Weeks in 1999, unflown and marked as V9545 and loaned to the museum at Lakeland.
Flown to the museum in 1981 after being retired from USAF service. In 1998, the plane was restored and painted in the markings it wore while assigned to the 1st Special Operations Wing, Eglin AFB, FL. Its nose art, "The Chief", is in honor of its volunteer Crew Chief, retired Chief Master Sergeant Jim Meek. Jim was the flight chief for one of the first C-123J's equipped with ski's to land in Greenland in 1958. He has given over 10,000 volunteer hours to the museum and has cared for the C-123 since 1981
This aircraft was delivered to the US Navy as BuNo 56514 in May 1945. Retired from the US Navy in 1965 it was auctioned off and given the civilian registration N67062 in 1973. Bill Dempsay (Central Air Service) converted it to fire bomber #148 in 1976. Retired in 1994 it was stored at Avra Valley Airport until January 2002 when it was flown to the museum. Currently (January 2018) on display at the museum in US Navy markings.