This F-100 is one of the French aircraft returned to the USAF at Sculthorpe in 1977. Several moved to museums, and most, like this one, were painted into USAF marks, some with false serials. It was scrapped on site in 1998 after the Wales Aircraft Museum's closure.
Delivered to BEA in 1957. Merged into British Airways in 1973. Withdrawn from use at Cardiff in 1975. To the museum in 1976 and painted in Cambrian colours. Scrapped in 1996 when the museum closed. The fuselage went to Enstone.
Fuselage used as a giftshop. Cambrian Airways bought it for parts after British Eagle went bankrupt in 1968. Fuselage was used as a ground trainer then to the museum in 1976. To the fire service when the museum closed and finally scrapped in 1996,