When International Air Response (formerly T&G) moved their base of operation from Chandler Memorial to Coolidge Municipal Airport, they scrapped many of the redundant propliners that had been stored on the field. The nose section of former Macavia DC-6 was spared and probably went to a collector.
Ex-VH-BPH with British Commonwealth Pacific Airways, ZK-BGC joined TEAL in May 1954. In 1961 it was sold to the Royal New Zealand Air Force as NZ3633. In the background are an RAAF Canberra and DH98 Mosquito VH-WWS. The latter's history is known in detail and it was based at Sydney airport in between December 17, 1956 and February 19, 1957, so it is assumed that is when the photo was taken.. WWS otherwise operated from Camden/YSCN airport. Photo by the late Mary Thomas, of Sydney.