The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight displaying at Woodford, where over 4,000 Lancasters were built in WW2. PA474 was built by V-A at Chester in 1945 and here wears the codes of 44 Squadon, Bomber Command. She is accompanied by Hurricane IIc LF363 'LE-D' and Spitfire IIa P7350 'UO-T'.
This aircraft has carried a number of different codes during its time with the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. However there is one major difference in this photograph to the state of the aircraft today, the absence of the mid-upper gun turret. One was located at a Woodford Airshow as a result of a jokey request from the commentator. PA474 was built at Chester by Vickers-Armstongs in September 1945.