This Noratlas was taken on charge on 23 Nov 1956 and struck off charge on 20 Aug 1987. The next day it was flown to Merville, on delivery to the Institut Aéronautique Amaury de la Grange for instructional use. It was still there by mid 2017. The remnants of one of the aircraft's previous codes, 63-VL (carried from 1 Dec 1978 until 2 Feb 1982 while serving with ET 1/63), are still vaguely visible on the tail boom.
Portuguese Naval Aviation was one of the first forces in the world to have the G-44 at its disposal, putting them into service from Lisbon, Aveiro and the Azores in 1942 with serials between 119 and 130. They were used for liaison, reconnaissance, navigation and photogrammetry training. With the end of Naval Aviation in 1952 the Widgeons went to the Air Force until retirement in 1968. This one, named 'Moçambique' with the Hydrographic Mission there, became CS-AHF before preservation
Normally a gate guard here, this well-kept Seabat was put on display at the Lanvéoc airshow. Fake serial No 129 is worn on the other side; it is really No 7, from Sikorsky c/n 58-1007. The helicopter was assembled by Sud with c/n SA50.