From 1951 this aircraft served with the USAF as 51-7246 and then with the USCG as 7246, undergoing mods to test the AOSS [Airborne Oil Spill Surveillance] system. It is now part of the super Tennessee Museum of Aviation.
This aircraft was delivered to the USAF as 51-16910. Obviously the attributes that made the O-1 so good at Forward Air Control sorties were also suitable for spotting forest fires. After its service was finished this O-1 went to NC but is now on display at the Tennessee Museum of Aviation.
Overview of the main apron at GKT taken from the balcony of the small terminal building. Many thanks to Cliff S. for his help! The Tennessee Museum of Aviation is directly in front with their Albatross and Retriever outside on the ramp. Runway 10/28 is on the right with the beautiful Great Smoky Mountains in the distance.
This T-34 was originally delivered to the USN as 144102. In 1972 it went to the FS in North Carolina and was based at various locations throughout the State before arriving at the Tennessee Museum of Aviation in 2012.
This Jug was delivered in 1953 to the Brasilian AF as 4175. After being SOC in 1958 she was stored and put on static display until being transported to Rialto, CA and subsequently restored to flying condition between 1996-99. Now part of the Tennessee Museum of Aviation collection and painted as 'Hun Hunter XVI', flown by Gil O. Wymond of the 57th FG, 65th FS in WWII
Originally delivered to the USN as 139665 but then passed on to the SVNAF. Shortly before the fall of Saigon it was flown to U Taphao AB, Thailand and then abandoned. In 1979 it was transported by ship to the US and restoration begun in 2008. This process revealed traces of the original 'Lieutenant America' as well as 'Sharon's Satyr' noseart.