Taken on charge by the Royal Netherlands Navy as a P2V-7B on 8 Sep 1961, redesignated to P-2H in Sep 1962, and converted to SP-2H circa 1963. Struck off charge 13 Nov 1981 and transferred to the Militaire Luchtvaart Museum a week later.
Painted as Netherlands Air Force "X-5", but never flew as such. The real X-5 was c/n 33323. The aircraft seen here is in fact ex Danish AF K-688, and before that it served with the Norwegian AF and the USAF. It was acquired by the museum in 1983, first painted as "ZU-5", and later as "X-5". It was removed from the museum in 2010 for restoration as "T-443" of the Netherlands East Indies Air Force. It is currently on display as such in the new Nationaal Militair Museum (NMM).
Withdrawn from use 15 Oct 1993 and stored at Eindhoven AB. Flown to Soesterberg AB 10 Feb 1994 and stored. Trucked to the Militaire Luchtvaart Museum (MLM) 2 Feb 1997 and placed on display in the demo markings seen here. Trucked to a technical school in Hoofddorp, Netherlands 10 Jun 2010 for restoration by students, returned to Soesterberg 4 Oct 2013 for storage. Painted in camo markings in Sep 2014 and now on display as such in the new Nationaal Militaire Museum (NMM).
Scenic rides over Göreme Tarihi Milli Parki. This balloon (registered in March 2006) carries the T.H.K. logo (Türk Hava Kurumu) on one side, and the translation Turkish Aeronautical Association on the other. The association was originally founded as the Türk Tayyare Cemiyeti (Turkish Aeroplane Society) in February 1925, hence the logo.