This PBY was completed in April 1945 at the new Consolidated Vultee Aircraft Corporation (Convair) factory at New Orleans for delivery to the USN as 63993. From Dec. 57 to Jul. 70 it served with the RDAF and is now on display at the RAF Museum Cosford.
This Hornet was built in 1943 at Augsburg and then captured in 1945 at Vaerlose, Denmark. After the war ended it was transferred to the UK for evaluation and eventually selected for preservation so fortunately is now on display at the RAF Museum Cosford.