In the woods northeast of Berlin is this former Russian airbase, which now hosts a collection of mostly East German aircraft, the Yak-28R in the background being an exception. The Il-14 was built by VEB Flugzeugbau Dresden in 1958. It served as a government transport as DM-VAD, then in the air force as 482
It was not difficult, apparently, to obtain one of the German navy's retired Atlantics, and this signals intelligence machine was added to an obscure small collection here at Peenemünde airfield. Note that this location is not the rocket test base site.
Note how the MiG-23's ventral fin folds under the tail. This airframe is listed as written off on 4 January 1988. It is seen as part of a collection of East German aeroplanes on the site of Germany's WWII rocket test base. In the foreground is a KT-04 towed target; in the background, a dummy V-1 and V-2. The aircraft are no longer here and the MiG-23 went to a museum in Rechlin town.
This early Z-37 was converted to Z-37A standard, with no triangular window behind the cockpit and a square one further aft. It spent the 1990s at a Berlin car dealer. Z-37A D-ESLZ is in the background.