Built in Jul-1946 and delivered 26-May-1948 as USAF 42-65404. Early 1956 it was flown into storage at Davis-Monthan AFB. In 1959 it became N3182G and end 1962 it was registered HP385. It was based in Copenhagen mainly to fly cattle to the Middle East. It crashed 09-Oct-1963 into high terrain 13km S of Marseille-Marignane airport in France after catastrophic propeller failure and an engine separating from the wing after it had taken off at night from the wrong runway.
Built as a Scheibe Bergfalke glider in 1958 with unknown registration and cn, it was converted in 1960 by Alois Obermeier as the Illerfalke I motorglider registered D-ELOP, this was later changed to D-KLOP. Originally it had a retractable engine that extended on the righthand-side of the fuselage, later it was changed to extending on top. The engine is a 55hp Hirth 028R
Although only two prototypes of the HKS-1 were built, they had a big influence on the development of sailplanes after World War II because of a number of technical innovations and the very good results in contests. D-5555 was the second prototype and was built in 1954. In 1978 it was handed over to the Deutsches Segelflugmuseum at Wasserkuppe. The brakechute is seen deployed here.
The VJ-23 is a fixed-wing hangglider designed by Volmer Jensen. Bruno Hall assembled a kit but totally redesigned the front fuselage to make it a glider with an enclosed canopy. It was built in 1970/1971 as the VJ-23H and had a substantially improved flight performance.. He later handed it over to the Deutsches Segelflugmuseum at Wasserkuppe.
The Meise was designed by Hans Jacobs in 1938 for the 1940 Olympiade in Helsinki and originally was named DFS Olympia. The Meise on the photo was built in 1954 by an as yet unknown manufacturer. In 2009/2010 it was converted by the Deutsches Segelflugmuseum to the configuration of an early Meise and the registration D-4679 was replaced by the fake D-5618. Other sources say that it is ex D-1956.
First registered as F-CAIC, it became F-CRJI in Nov-1964. In 1980 it was saved by Christian Ravel from being burned at a barbeque and this aircraft became the basis for the formation of the GPPA (Groupement pour la Préservation du Patrimoine Aéronautique). In 1998 the Musée Régional de l'Air was formed at Angers-Marcé (now Angers-Loire) which was renamed Espace Air Passion in 2013.
F-AJUL first flew 09-Jul-1930. In Dec-1931 René Lefèvre flew it from Paris to Tananarive, Madagascar in 14 days. A year later, in Dec-1932 he flew it from Paris to Saigon, Vietnam in 10 days. The return flight was made in 8 days only. By 1957 it was still complete, but later the aircraft went into storage without the wings (which were burned) at the Musée Castel-Mauboussin at Cuers-Pierrefeu. In 1998 it came to the Musée Régional de l'Air at Angers-Loire which in 2013 changed its name to Espace Air Passion. It has a Salmson 9ADb engine of only 45 hp.
Built in 1996 and testflown as C-FDVA, it became N546SS. In Apr-2001 this registration was cancelled as exported to Austria. However, it was not registered there, but went to France two years later where it was registered as F-GNJF in Mar-2003.
Built in 1957 it was delivered to the French Army as 38 and coded MJC. In 1993 it was registered as F-BFKL and later went to the Musée Régional de l'Air at Angers-Loire which in 2013 changed its name to Espace Air Passion.
D-7110 was built by Mr. Helmut Regenhardt from the original plans. He started work in 1999 and in 2001 the aircraft was already in an advanced stage. It was then expected to fly in 2003/2004 but details about this are missing. It later went to the Deutsches Segelflugmuseum. The Grüne Post was designed by Alexander Lippisch for the popular magazine Grüne Post that made the plans available. The first flight was made in Nov-1932 and about 250 were completed from the plans by aviation groups.