Undated photo but postwar as the TEAL logo was not applied until then. ZK-AMA was delivered in 1939. It was towed into storage at RNZAF Hobsonville in November 1947. In August 1945 it was fast taxied, up on the step according to witnesses, to Mission Bay where it was to become an attraction. This was not to last and -AMA was scrapped in October 1950.
Ex-VH-BPH with British Commonwealth Pacific Airways, ZK-BGC joined TEAL in May 1954. In 1961 it was sold to the Royal New Zealand Air Force as NZ3633. In the background are an RAAF Canberra and DH98 Mosquito VH-WWS. The latter's history is known in detail and it was based at Sydney airport in between December 17, 1956 and February 19, 1957, so it is assumed that is when the photo was taken.. WWS otherwise operated from Camden/YSCN airport. Photo by the late Mary Thomas, of Sydney.
Photo taken by an unknown photographer in the second half of 1954. ZK-BGA had been VH-BPF with British Commonwealth Pacific Airways, a joint Anglo-Australian-New Zealand airline. BCPA closed down after a major accident and the remaining DC-6s transferred to TEAL, which was another tri-national airline but with a higher New Zealand ownership. -BGA was sold to the New Zealand air force as NZ3631 in 1961, the year TEAL became an entirely New Zealand-owned airline. TEAL would later change its name to Air New Zealand. Negative held by Bill Gray, Perth, Australia.