This visitor to the Antique Aeroplane Association of Australia's National Fly-in came all the way from Mackay, Queensland. It was first registered in Australia on 21 June 1951 and from the '70s to '80s served as a glider tug at Narrogin, WA. At that time painted red and yellow.
This is a rare pre-war aircraft, having been imported to Australia in 1938 after previously being on the US Civil register as NC20637. It was impressed into the RAAF as A36-2 but withdrawn from service in 1942 following a forced landing. Returned to the civil Register in the early post-war years, it has led a long life since. Seen here at the AAAA National Fly-in.
Silver dope shining in the late afternoon sun at the AAAA National Fly-in! This aircraft was built to an RAF order and became HG656. It was sent to New Zealand and became NZ527 with the RNZAF. After the war it was civilianised and became ZK-ALB and served with Mt Cook Airlines before being exported to Australia in 1971 to become VH-IAN, later VH-UTV.
The PA-11 Cub Special was the post-war J-3 and only 1428 were built. This was imported into Australia and first registered on 13 Nov 1992. It's seen here at the Antique Aeroplane Association of Australia's National Fly-in.
The Aircoupe is really quite a small aeroplane and this photo makes it look larger than it really is. This one is based in Wagga Wagga and is a regular attendee at fly-ins such as this one held by the Antique Aeroplane Association of Australia. It was imported to Australia in 1992.
This aircraft has had a long history in Australia, being first registered on 28 March 1958. It was photographed heading out for a local flight at the Antique Aeroplane Association of Australia's National Fly-in.
Previously registered N721D, this aircraft was imported in 1956 by Thiess Brothers as VH-CRT. In 1966 it was was re-registered as VH-FIE with Flinders Island Airways before being sold into private hands. It is based today in central NSW and seen here at the Antique Aeroplane Association of Australia's National Fly-in.