Built in 1940 for American Export Airlines. Impressed in WW2 by US Navy as 12391. Restored postwar as NC41881 and flew passengers until late 1960s. Now preserved in the NEAM at Windsor Locks, as the last survivor of the type.
Delivered new in 1936 to US Navy as XR2O-1 Electra Bu.Aer 0267 for use of the Secretary of the Navy. Disposed of in 1945 as N57573. Retired in 1979 and acquired by the New England Air Museum who now display it as 'NC14262' in NWAL markings.
1949-built twin-seat experimental helicopter design with twin intermeshing rotor blades. This was the fifth of seven completed and was retained by Kaman for development work. The US Navy and Coast Guard tested a few in the early 1950s.
This is a composite Kaman HOK-1. The major part of the airframe is from 129801 but the boom and tail assembly is from 125530 - hence the markings. Ex USMC, the h/c was badly damaged in the Tornado of October 3, 1979 and is now stored.
Designed by Burnelli in 1945 and the sole CBY-3 was built by Canadian Car & Foundry. Utilised a wide fuselage between twin booms as a lifting surface. Flew until 1964 initially as CF-BEL. After many years in open storage, as seen here, a long term restoration project for exhibition commenced in 2014.
Ex USAAF Hoverfly II 43-45480 converted post-war by Doman Helicopters Inc for rotor blade development tests. The American Export Airlines flying boat in the background is the world's only surviving Sikorsky VS-44A, NC41881 "Excambian" (c/n 4402).