Built by Shorts in 1953 serving 115, 207 and 73 Squadrons. Converted to U.14 drone in 1960 for the Aeroplane & Armament Experimental Establishment at Boscombe Down. Later to D.14 director aircraft - hence high visibility test markings.
Built as a B.2 in 1953 and flown by three Bomber Command squadrons till 1960, this Canberra was converted to a U.14 radio-controlled pilotless target by Shorts at Belfast. Then operated by RN 728 Sqn from Hal Far, Malta on Seacat and Seaslug missile trials. After removal of radio gear, joined the A&AEE as a target tug in 1964 and was later used for ejector seat trials till 1988, including a period with Martin-Baker at Chalgrove. Dismantled by 1994 but the cockpit section was saved