Built as a B.2 in 1953 and flown by three Bomber Command squadrons till 1960, this Canberra was converted to a U.14 radio-controlled pilotless target by Shorts at Belfast. Then operated by RN 728 Sqn from Hal Far, Malta on Seacat and Seaslug missile trials. After removal of radio gear, joined the A&AEE as a target tug in 1964 and was later used for ejector seat trials till 1988, including a period with Martin-Baker at Chalgrove. Dismantled by 1994 but the cockpit section was saved
This photo was added on 2 August 2017, and has since been viewed 656 times.