Built by Armstrong Whitworth in 1953 as WM298 on an RAF contract but transferred immediately to France and flown on test work with the CEV as NF11-3. On retirement it was donated to the Brussels museum.
This Armstrong Whitworth-built Meteor was allocated RAF serial WM296, but it never flew as such. Instead, it was transferred to the Armée de l'Air immediately after delivery, for use by the Centre d'Essais en Vol (CEV) for guided weapons testing. Withdrawn from use in mid 1985, the aircraft became part of the collection of the Musée Aéronautique de Champagne (Brienne-le-Château) in 1988. By 2001 it had moved to the Musée Européen de l'Aviation de Chasse, as seen here.