XV582 was delivered to the RAF in 1969 and served 43(F) Sqdn, 111 Sqdn and lastly 228 OCU. On 24.2.88, it made a record-breaking Lands End-John O'Groats run averaging 757 mph, at the same time becoming the first RAF Phantom to pass the 5,000 hr mark. For the 30th anniversary of Treble-One's "Black Arrows" and to mark the final years of FG.1 service, this striking livery was applied in 1989. After several appearances on the display circuit and final grounding, "Black Mike" was preserved at Leuchars before a move to Cosford in October 2017 in the care of the British Phantom Aviation Group.
Fokker built 300 Meteor F.8s for the Dutch and Belgians air forces, plus 30 assembled by Fairey in Belgium. This one wears a 3W code of 322 squadron, which was a reserve unit based at Soesterberg in the 1950s.
The Hansa-Brandenburg W.12 was a 1917 two-seat floatplane fighter with an unusual downward pointing rudder. Following an emargency landing by a German W.12 in neutral Dutch waters, the type was licence-built by the Van Berkel company in Rotterdam as the W-A. This replica was added to the Aviodrome collection in 2017.
The C.V was numerically the most important Fokker aircraft of the interwar years. This original Dutch army aircraft survived WWII - the May 1940 German airborne landings around The Hague are depicted here. Unfortunately the Aviodrome still haven't fixed her cowling or maybe the engine buffs are having it their way.
The Trompenburg company from Amsterdam, maker of the Syper cars, started building aircraft in 1915. Its Spyker V.1 and V.3 fighters were unsuccesful, but the V.2 trainer was produced in quantity for the Dutch army and navy. This replica has an original Thullin engine and propeller. No national markings were worn on the fuselage by the navy aircraft, but the early Dutch 'orange meatball' marking is just visible on the lower wing.