This 727 flew its whole service life with Iberia being delivered in March 1974 with retirement October 2001. The nose section is now on display at the Museo del Aire at Cuatro Vientos along with DC-9 EC-BYE. Note the very faded/overpainted fleet name 'La Mancha' just visible below the windshield (at least in the full size file).
This DC-9 was delivered to Iberia during Feb. 1972 and was named 'Ciudad de Mahon'. The plane was leased to Aviaco for nine years from July 1990 and finally retired from service in April 2001. The nose section is now on display at the super Museo del Aire.
There were 428 Do-27s built in Germany and Spain as a development of the initial CASA-127 concept. The Museo del Aire has both a German and Spanish built examples in its collection: this is the German produced frame.
The EdA acquired 270 American built F-86Fs in the mid-fifties, designated C.5s, which served until the type was finally withdrawn in 1972. This example in in reality C5-223 and is on display at the super Museo del Aire in this Patrulla Ascua scheme at Cuatro Vientos.
The first U-16 in Spanish AF service came from the USAF in 1954 and formed two SAR units, one covered the area around the Canaries and the other in the Ballearics. The type was finally retired from service in 1979 and replaced in the SAR role by C212 and P-3s. This example is on display at the Museo del Aire.