This Grasshopper was built in April 1944 and delivered to the USAAF on 1 May 1944 as 43-30510. It was immediately shipped to the UK, where it arrived for assembly on 25 May 1944. On 3 June it was ready for duty, just in time for D-Day. After the war it became OO-REA on 30 July 1946, then F-BCPN on 31 March 1947, having carried that registration ever since. In 1992 the aircraft received the markings seen here, those of the 1ère Armée Française "Rhin et Danube". Two years before this photo was taken, on 16 March 2007, it was registered to Frédéric Laisney, who still owned it by 2019.
A Piper Cub of the Batavia Aero Club over the rice paddies, after WWII. The Royal Netherlands East Indies Army used some 78 Cubs in the Indonesian independence war which raged at this time. Some of these had been bought and loaned to the army by the BPM oil company, which supplied others to aero clubs. The army's R-346 and R-370 were transferred to the Batavia (Jakarta) club on 1 July 1948 as PK-SAF and PK-SAG, respectively. A Cub painted as R-370 is preserved at Kalijati and reportedly has c/n 13816, but it is not known if it is this aircraft. Photo from: Tropenmuseum