This Yak-11 was built in 1948 by LET in Czechoslovakia and delivered to the Egyptian Air Force. In 1982 it was salvaged from the Egyptian desert and transported to La Ferté-Alais in France for restoration, together with several others of the type. This aircraft was acquired by Pierre Dague. He restored it and first flew it on 16 May 1987, named "Pierre's Troïka" and painted in the markings of the famous Normandie-Niemen squadron which flew for the Soviets on the eastern front in WW2. The aircraft was sold to current owner George Perez in 1999 and is now based at Melun-Reau.