The Si 204D-1 was a blind flying trainer licence-built from Siebel in Halle by Aero in WWII in this very hangar (because Siebel were at full capacity producing ju-88s). The Aero C-3 was a Czechoslovak post-war development of the Si 204 for flying (C-3A) and crew training (C-3B). No complete C-3A has survived so this is a replica (of LB-05, cn 307) constructed from a French SNCAC NC.702 Martinet and is on display at the Staré Aerovka museum.
This Fitter-K was TOC with the 20th sbolp (fighter bomber air regiment) in August 1989. After retirement it was stored at Přerov before being transferred to the museum at Kbely. It is now on display at Staré Aerovka, a very interesting new museum that inhabits the original (now refurbished) production hangars used by Aero in its early days.
The original Aero A-18.5 was delivered to Air Regiment 2 in Olomouc in June 1923 but crashed a couple of years later. This exhibit is a reconstruction using factory drawings and many original parts, just the engine is not to the original speciifications. It is on display in one of the hangars that comprised the original Aero factory at Letňany and have been refurbished to house the Staré Aerovka museum.
This is the original prototype for the L-159 ALCA with its maiden flight taking place in August 1997. The second prototype (5832, '356') was a single seater and this is the version that the Czech AF preferred and ordered into production. After supporting the single seater through the testing and development phase, the two-seat prototype was officially retired in June 2003 and is now on display at the Staré Aerovka museum at Letňany.
This Frogfoot-A was TOC by the 30th Ground Attack Regiment at Pardubice in September 1987. In April 2003 it was transferred to the museum at Kbely for display. In 2017 it underwent a complete restoration and is now part of the new Staré Aerovka museum at Letňany.
This Fitter-B was built in October 1967 anf lew with the 20th and 28th sbolp (fighter bomber air regiment) in its service life. until retirement in September 1988 and subsequent handover to the Kbely museum. It is now on display in the former Aero production hangar as part of the Staré Aerovka museum.
The aircraft was manufactured in 1946 and subsequently served in the Czechoslovak AF with the Aviation Military Academy, the 25th Aviation Bomber Regiment and the 47th Aviation Reconnaissance Regiment. At Mladá AB in the mid-50s it was orderd to be scrapped but bought privately and ended up as a garden house in Litoli. Now undergoing restoration by enthusiasts at the Staré Aerovka museum.
This Fagot-B was built in May 1956 and was based all over Czechoslovakia. It was one of the very last MiG-15 in the Czechoslovak Air Force making its last flight on October 15th, 1982. The frame completed 2506 cycles and accumulated nearly 1800 hours before handover to the Kbely museum in March 1985. It is now on display in the former Aero hangar as part of the Staré Aerovka museum.
This Mongol-B, with the same wide-chord vertical stabiliser as on the MiG-21PFM, flew with the 1st Air School Regiment from July 1967 until retirement in April 1991 and handover to the museum at Prague-Kbely. The frame now resides stored/preserved behind the Staré Aerovka museum at Letňany.
MF-75 was the designation used in Bulgaria, East Germany, Romania and Czechoslovakia to refer to MiG-21MF aircraft delivered with cockpit instrumentation identical to that in the MiG-21bis with -75 refering to the year in which this type entered production. This example served with the Czechoslovak AF from July, 1975 until retirement from the Czech Republic AF in September, 1993. The frame now resides stored/preserved behind the Staré Aerovka museum at Letňany.