The helicopter on display in the museum is a 47 D- 1, one of the first six helicopters which arrived April 1953. This helicopter was used by the RNoAF until 1968. It was then sold to A/S Flytransport at Hamar, and entered on the civilian register. Operationally this helicopter was used until 1977. As a result of a trade, the helicopter again became military, now on the hands of the Norwegian Museum of Defence. It is today displayed in its civilian markings.
Ex. 44-70546 with the USAAF. This is the original body of the LN-PAB. While operating on a Cold War secret mission for the Norwegian military intelligence, it crashed in lake Gavdnajavri after hitting an object in the water, after which the aircraft flipped over. The wreck remained at the bottom of the lake for 50 years, until it was found in 2002. It is being restored by the Norwegian aviation museum and the historical aviation society of Bodø.
The aircraft obtained through an exchange with the RAF Museum in 1991. The aircraft was modified using the armament and nose section from a FB.Mk.VI and is painted in 333 Squadron's colour scheme to represent the Norwegian war history.
Designed in 1938 by Birger Hønningstad and Viggo Widerøe as a new Norwegian-built ambulance plane. The manufacturing of the first (and only?) aircraft was interrupted by World War II, but in 1947 it was finished. Between 1948 and 1971 It flew for several airlines, until it crashed in Bodø harbor.
Built by the Jeløy Glider Club between 1938-1940 and registered for the first time in March 1940. In 1960 the registration was cancelled and the glider was stored in a barn. It later got restored by the historic aviation society of Bodø and put on display at the Norwegian aviation museum.
Quite a colorful history for the Spitfire, as it has been transferred through a lot of units and in the shape of multiple identities. It is currently preserved at the aviation museum in the colors of 331 Squadron. Other aircraft that can be seen in the photo are a Catalina, Huey and Vampire.
Built in 1938 and later transferred to 263 Sqn. of the RAF, where it was given it's HE-G code. After a German attack in April 1940, it was one of 18 aircraft that was transferred to Norway on the carrier 'HMS Glorious'. A few weeks later it crashed during combat operations against the Luftwaffe and it was abandoned on the ice when the British withdrew. It was later dismantled and restored, after which a restoration process began in 1980.
First arrived in Norway in 1958 as part of NATO's Military Assistance Program and flown by 331, 336 and 338 Squadron. In 1961 it suffered a mid-air collision, but with only slight damage. It was taken out of service in 1966 andput into storage. In 1978 it was acquired by the museum, which restored it in the color scheme of 331 Squadron.
n the background former Braathens Fokker 28 (LN-SUC). Above that is a Piper 22 (LN-BND). But perhaps the most interesting thing in this shot is the wreckage in the bottom of the frame. Those are remnants from the crash of Partnair 394 in 1989.
Serving as a gateguard at the Norwegian Aviation Museum, just outside the airport of Bodø. In the background you can see the museum, with its control tower on top. Inside, you will hear the actual ATC transmissions between Bodø ATC and the aircraft.