The Anasal was a two-seat reconnaissance aircraft built in the Anatra factory in Odessa in the Russian Empire and flown during WWI by both sides during the Russian Civil War. The major postwar user of the Anasal was Czechoslovakia with 23 former Austrian aircraft that were used by the military and later in civilian aviation. This is the only survivor of the approx. 184 built and is on display at the Národní technické muzeum in Prague.
Igor Etrich was an early Czech aircraft designer most notable for the pre-WWI monoplane 'Taube', which was the first aircraft to be mass-produced in Germany. The E.VIII was his last design and dates from 1929 but, unfortunately, didn't make it into serial production. This was the only example built and is now on display in the Národní technické muzeum in Prague.
The Aero HC-2 Heli Baby is a two-seat light general-purpose utility helicopter and is to date the only Czechoslovakian-designed helicopter to be mass-produced in the country. This example is on display at the Národní technické muzeum in Prague.
The Zlin Z-50 series was a very successful aerobatic sports plane that first flew in 1975. of the approximately 80 examples produced the LA-version accounted for 5 new builds and 18 conversions from the Z-50L. In this particular aircraft, on display at the Národní technické muzeum in Prague, Ivan Tuček won the FAI World Aerobatic Championships in 1978.
The Avia BH-10 was a single-seat aerobatic sports plane built in Czechoslovakia in 1924, based on the Avia BH-9 but easily visually distinguished from it by the tall anti-roll pylon added behind the open cockpit in order to protect the pilot in the event that the aircraft flipped over or crashed while inverted. At least 20 examples were bought by the Czechoslovakian Army as a training aircraft with this example on display at the Národní technické muzeum in Prague.
The VBŠ Kuňkadlo is a Czechoslovak light single-seat sports airplane built by the brothers Vladimír and Bohuslav Šimůnková between 1924 to 1926. Problems identified after the first flight led to an extensive redesign and eventually a successful plane that performed at air shows throughout the country. After WWII it was donated to the Národní technické muzeum in Prague where it is now on display.
The M.1 Sokol (Falcon) was a Czechoslovak light aircraft designed in secret at the Beneš-Mráz factory during the German occupation and put into production in the years following the end of WWII. In 1947, the design was then modified as the M-1C with with a longer fuselage, a third seat and swept leading edges on wing to became the main production variant with 183 aircraft built. This example is on display at the Národní technické muzeum in Prague.
I tend to ignore any gliders at the various museums that I visit, however, the Czechoslovaks had such a long and proud heritage in producing excellent designs that it would be rude to do so. The Radek 3 first flew from Kbely in 1937 but the subsequent German occupation prevented any further development. In 1951 the frame was donated, by its creator František Kantor, to the the Národní technické muzeum in Prague for display.
This Spitfire is on display at the Národní technické muzeum in Prague in the markings of 310 (Czech) Squadron. The squadron was formed on 10 July 1940 at RAF Duxford and was the first RAF squadron to be made up by foreign nationals, in this case escaped Czechoslovak pilots. 310 Sqn. was equipped with Hurricanes during the BoB (scoring 37½ victories) before re-equipping with Spitfires in 1941.
During WWI, expatriot Czechs, the Czechoslovak Legions, fought with the Allies in France, Italy and Russia in exchange for support for the independence of Czechoslovakia from the Austrian Empire. Those in Russia also ended up fighting the Bolseviks and so did not return to their homeland until 1920, bringing four of these LWF (Lowe, Willard & Fowler Engineering Company) Tractors with them. This original is the only survivor of the approx. 140 built and is on display at the Národní technické muzeum in Prague.