The Netherlands East Indies acquired some Glenn L. Martin aircraft from 1915, and the Dutch navy ordered four Type S floatplanes which reached the motherland by ship in mid-1917. They proved both difficult to reassemble and difficult to fly. The type, built in very limited numbers, was designed by Donald Douglas. The interned German Friedrichshafen FF.33, V-2, has a similarly elaborate tailfin and rudder. The floatplanes are seen at the naval seaplane station at De Mok, on Texel Island.
Dutch amphibious operation at Labuhan Bilik, Sumatra, during the Indonesian war of independence. The flying boat was delivered to the RCAF as a Catalina Mk.IVA, JX209, on 8 May 1943. To storage on 28 August 1945. Entered Dutch service as P-206 (16-206) on 24 December 1946. Scrapped at Surabaya - Morokrembangan in 1950. Photo from: Nationaal Archief (Netherlands)
This is not a/c 250, but the former 6120 of the German Navy. It was delivered to the Soesterberg museum in 2007 and repainted in Dutch colours. Note that the Dutch Atlantics never had the wingtip pods.