ZJ242 of the Defence Helicopter Flying School was delivered in July 2011 and initially based at RNAS Culdrose. It was transferred to RAF Shawbury in early 2013, and is seen here during exercises at Caernarfon.
Delivered to the RAF on 19 August 1954 as a Whirlwind HAR.4, and later converted to Whirlwind HAR.10. By 1984 it had become an instructional airframe at Halton with maintenance serial 8673M, ending up at the Caenarfon fire dump in the late 2000s. It recently lost its tail boom, less than a year before this photo was taken.