Cierva C.8L built under licence by Avro in May 1928. Made the first rotating wing crossing of the English Channel on 18.09.28 on route Croydon to Le Bourget flown by Juan de la Cierva. Preserved since in the Musee de l'Air.
Crashed at Wadhurst Sussex on 16.10.1925 when operating the Le Bourget - Croydon service. The damaged fuselage was fortunately recovered for preservation. The large passenger biplane type remained in service from 1919 until the late 1920s.
Gyroplane/helicopter with twin contra-rotating sets of blades. Initially designated the G.11E and the G.111 after upgrading with more powerful engine. First flew 21.05.49. Only this example built. Pilot plus four passengers.