Built for American Airlines but taken over the US military as a C-50 in World War II. After the war it was sold to Australian National Airways and fitted with Wright engines in common with the rest of the ANA fleet. It had been built with Wrights but Pratt and Whitney Twin Wasps were installed in 1944. It passed to Ansett with the takeover of ANA and remained with the company until stored at Essendon airport in 1970. In 1972 it was ferried to Melbourne Tullamarine and repainted in Ansett's contemporary livery, then ferried to Moorabbin airport for display. It remains there.
This photo was added on 4 August 2017, and has since been viewed 96 times.