Photo believed to date from about 1929 when G-AUAE was reregistered VH-UAE. At the time it was operated by the Australian Aero Club. The timber building at the right is the original aero club and was replaced by a more substantial building on a different site in 1930. The old club building was then removed and the area became apron. The hangar is Government Hangar No.1, which stood out as it had the airport name, Mascot, painted in the roof. VH-UAE remains registered in 2019. Photo from: Hood Collection/State Library of New South Wales
This photo was added on 30 June 2019, and has since been viewed 139 times.