This C-47 served with the USAAF from Jul 1942 until transferred to the CAA/FAA in Oct 1945. Initially registered as NC5, then N5 and since 1973 as N99. In Jul 1977 it moved on to the US Forest Service as N101Z, but they never used it. The registration was cancelled in May 1982, and by 1989 it was stored at Palmer, AK in complete condition and still in full FAA markings with FAA logo. In the mid 1990s it was acquired by the Museum of Alaska Transportation and Industry (MATI) and moved to Wasilla, AK for display. Unfortunately its current condition leaves much to be desired.
This photo was added on 17 February 2019, and has since been viewed 75 times.