A73-62 was the first new Lincoln delivered with an extended nose to provide room for additional crew and equipment needed for maritime reconnaissance operations. The final 12 Australian-built Lincolns (of 73) were modified before delivery and eight others were returned by the RAAF to Government Aircraft Factory for conversion, including the prototype. -62 was withdrawn from use in 1961. The location of the photo is believed to the GAF factory at Fisherman's Bend in inner-city Melbourne. The airstrip closed in 1957. This is an official photo by GAF.
This photo was added on 2 December 2018, and has since been viewed 523 times.