In the woods northeast of Berlin is this former Russian airbase, which now hosts a collection of mostly East German aircraft, the Yak-28R in the background being an exception. The Il-14 was built by VEB Flugzeugbau Dresden in 1958. It served as a government transport as DM-VAD, then in the air force as 482
Now preserved at the Luftfahrtmuseum Finowfurt but wearing a fake scheme and reg. This aircraft served previously with the Soviet AF in East Germany as 05 BLUE but then languished somewhat under the registrations D-FMGM and RA-05825 (also fake) before being rescued by this super museum.
This Hip-C was delivered to Interflug as DM-SPA in 1967. She was then re-registered as DDR-SPA and went on to serve until 1990 when she was transferred to BSF. Her last flight was into retirement at the super Finow Luftfahrtmuseum at the end of March 92. She has been rubbed down (presumably) in preparation for repainting but '1967 - 1992 25 Jahre Mi-8' titles are still just visible.
Now preserved at the extremely interesting Luftfahrtmuseum Finowfurt. Note the blue (not black) anti-glare panel on the nose as this plane has acquired some partial LOT markings (on the port side only) for a film.
This one of many interesting exhibits tucked away inside the old aircraft shelters at the Finow Luftfahrtmuseum. This Hoodlum also carried the registrations DDR-SPU and D-HOAU before reverting back to this, its original IF delivery reg.
This hulk of 11 WHITE is on display at the Luftfahrtmuseum Finowfurt. The Fw-190 served with 1/JG11 and was recovered from the bottom of a lake near Alt Zeschdorf, Frankfurt (O) after crashing on 15th Feb. 1945. After the recovery the body of the pilot, Leutnant Hans Grapenthin, could finally be laid to rest.
This reconnaisance version served with GSVG/931st ORAP at Werneuchen as 09 RED. It was then preserved at Altenburg and then Veltheim as 25 RED before ending up at this extremely interesting museum as 91 BLACK.
This shelter at the Finow Luftfahrtmuseum was full of various aircraft miscellany collected from sites around Brandenburg. This Il-2 hulk remains unidentified as the accompanying info boards refer only to the Mikulin engine and a short history of the type.
Over the past few years I've really become interested in photographng old aviation hulks and wrecks and the Luftfahrt Museum Finowfurt makes for a super visit. Hopefully this fuselage is undergoing restoration although she has been like this for a couple of years at least. After unification this plane was transferred from the NVA and allocated the GAF serial 2540 (25+40).
This plane is part of the collection of the Luftfahrtmuseum Finowfurt but is actually an amalgum of at least two planes as the red wings carry the reg D-FOMH on the undersides. In the background is one of the aircraft bunkers as a reminder that this was once a large Soviet Air base.