Looking a little worse for wear, this example of the Royal Navy's Fifties Anti-Submarine Warfare aircraft sits forlornly at the edge of a farmer's field. This particular aircraft was formerly based at Lossiemouth, hence the "LM" tail code, and it still carries its former operator's - 849 Squadron - crest on the tail.
This Gannet was delivered to the Fleet Air Arm in May 1957. After being SOC it was used by the Lossiemouth fire service from 1976 until it was rebuilt using parts from XA463 and XG889 and placed on display at the gate. It was bought privately in 1989 and has sat decaying in this field since appoximately 1993.