This 109 was built in Leipzig in 1942 and ferried to North Africa, entered service with 8/JG77 and was danaged in combat a few days later. It was flown to Gambut Main for repair but captured essentially intact when this airfield was overrun. She was extensively testes and evaluated before being shipped to the UK where the serial RN228 was allocated. Following a crash at Duxford in 97 it was decided that she should be rebuilt to static display standard and ariived at the RAF Museum in March 02.
This photo was added on 20 April 2018, and has since been viewed 97 times.