Leuchars Airshow organisers provided enthusiasts with a line-up of Typhoons wearing markings worn by all six UK-based Typhoon Squadrons, namely those of numbers 1, 3, 6, 11, 29 and 41. Leuchars-based jets from 1 and 6 Squadrons masqueraded as Coningsby-based jets, whilst still carrying their Echo and Foxtrot prefix codes. The markings were gone by Monday morning, making photographs of these Typhoons unique to the last ever RAF Leuchars Airshow.
This aircraft was delivered to the Swiss AF as a C.3603 on 27 Aug 1943 and converted for target-towing duties in 1953 (nick-named "Schlepp"). In 1972 it was converted to a turbine-powered C.3605, and as such it remained in service until 1987. It is now owned by Stefan Longoni and based at the airport where it was built, Altenrhein in Switzerland.
This Yak-11 was built in 1948 by LET in Czechoslovakia and delivered to the Egyptian Air Force. In 1982 it was salvaged from the Egyptian desert and transported to La Ferté-Alais in France for restoration, together with several others of the type. This aircraft was acquired by Pierre Dague. He restored it and first flew it on 16 May 1987, named "Pierre's Troïka" and painted in the markings of the famous Normandie-Niemen squadron which flew for the Soviets on the eastern front in WW2. The aircraft was sold to current owner George Perez in 1999 and is now based at Melun-Reau.
Painted in Royal Australian Navy markings, this aircraft is owned by Patrice Marchasson and based at Dijon-Darois in France. It was built in 1944 for the RAF as TF987, and had a long warbird career in the US as N56SF. It was shipped to its new owner in France in July 2010.
A nice angle on this original 1918 Blériot XI, owned and flown by Mikael Carlson, while making a left turn for landing with Burg Teck gracing the background. This aircraft was licence-built in Sweden in 1918 by AB Enoch Thulin Aeroplanfabrik (AETA), under the name Thulin A. In 1986 Mikael found it in a barn in disassembled but complete condition, restored it, and first flew it in 1991. Mikael keeps his planes at his private airstrip at Kvarnhem, Sebbarp in Löberöd, Sweden.
An early Harvard, built in Canada for the USAAF as 42-787, then RAF FE590, Swiss AF U-322 and briefly G-AXCR. Came to West-Germany in 1969. It is owned by Walter Eichhorn since 1991, and based at Elz, Germany. It's a pity that it carries so much advertising, but it's still a nice aircraft.