The vast majority of Lancasters were powered by the inline Merlin engine. This is one of 200 powered by the Bristol Hercules radial engine. They were built in 1942/43 by Armstrong Whitworth as an insurance against shortages of Merlins. DS778 was flown by 408 (Canadian) Squadron based at RAF Balderton, Notts. It was lost on a raid on Kassel on 23 October 1943. From AWA 60 years ago.
This photo was added on 13 September 2017, and has since been viewed 197 times.