The PA-6 first flew in 1946. It had a all-metal tail and fuselage but the wing was wood with fabric covering. NX580 was flown until 1956 when it went into storage. But in 2009 it was reregistered as N390UZ to be restored. A second PA-6, c/n 6-1 NC4000M appeared in 1947 and was all-metal. It did not enter production. Photo from: Rudy Arnold / Smithsonian Institution
This photo was added on 26 May 2023, and has since been viewed 150 times.