This Flying Flat Iron was built to FAW7 standards and delivered to 25 Sqn. at Waterbeach in 1959, later serving also with 33 and 5 Sqns. After conversion to FAW9 it joined A&AEE at Boscombe Down where work was found on various test programmes, including Concorde, accounting for the unusual red & white scheme. After retirement it was acquired by the IWM in 1974.
This photo was added on 26 March 2018, and has since been viewed 54 times.