In total 163 Varsities were built and of these 36 came off the production line at Brooklands. This Varsity was the 18th built and delivered to the RAF in 1951 and served until final retirement from No. 6 FTS at RAF Finningley in 1976. It spent the next 12 years at Sibson Airfield near Peterborough before being purchased by Brooklands Museum in September 1988. Note the 'Royal Air Force Training Command' titles and code letter are on the port side only.
This photo was added on 6 March 2018, and has since been viewed 49 times.