Built to an RAAF order for a new basic trainer, this aircraft had its first flight as A85-427 at CAC's Fishermans Bend aerodrome on 19 June 1956. It was stored at the RAAF Stores Depot, Dubbo, between 1975 and 1996. It was sold into private hands and restored at Moorabbin and Tyabb in 1996/7, being registered VH-WJE on 31 Jan 1997. Its first post-restoration flight was at Tyabb on 22 November that year.
This photo was added on 23 February 2018, and has since been viewed 55 times.